Mar 13, 2010

Somebody's song




The blood that flows through me carries
Not just the RBCs ,the WBCs and the platelets
That communicate the happy message that
This person is ‘alive’
(Indeed it’s fascinating to be alive)

You know it carries with it my ‘legacy’,they say

I had ancestors who thought from their brains

I also had ancestors who thought from their hearts

No wonder, I could easily riddle with myself !

Drawing up plans for the future is quite simple a task for me
Because they say,I had a great grandpa
Who charted out
An entire life of his own

Throwing them aside is much more simple a task,I think
Because my great grandma ,the eternal optimist believed in miracles.

In my smiles,they shine
In my tears,they drench

Intelligence(or the lack of it)can come from either side
Quite possible..

They are all dead and gone,you know
The rugged roots that grew deep into the earth
To bring me,the green leaf that sways in the wind,nourishment.

I wonder whether anything is left for me to fill in
Am I to be blamed for my mistakes?
Am I to be congratulated for my merits ?

3 comments:

  1. well..well..neetha...how should i go with it...a very promising start...and each line lives up to the totality of truth that u have tried to recreate...We have in us elements of past!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wondrful yaar, i remembr readin it b4, lvd it at that time..


    "Because they say,I had a great grandpa
    Who charted out
    An entire life of his own"

    awesome, the irony is so strong, may its nt a irony, cz its diffclt to think of thos lines in the normal way..
    it surely goes on to say all abt our present life, thos so cald traditions that bundles some1, tearing away each shrouds of personal integrity(sometimes grand parents do get2 our nerves right:):) ), got a vey nic feministc touch 2it..

    ReplyDelete